The main select button stopped working on our universal remote and it was nearly the end of the world for the kids
Pulling it apart required removing 4 screws and pulling the case clips apart
The LCD is stuck to the front plastic illumination panel and is soldered to the underside of the PCB so I had to be careful to not break it the cable
After unsticking the screen and peeling up the adhesive backing with Amy’s hair dryer.
After I could view the faulty contact I got a piece of wire to short out the contact to test if it was a cracked track or just a bad contact with the metallic cup. It turns out it was just a wear point in the gold plated copper track where the cup contact was making contact, so I just moved the contact over slightly when reapplying the white adhesive cover.
It is now working and the kids can watch Netflix again!