The V-belt on the lawnmower broke the weekend of new year’s and nothing was open. The solution was to try to repair the belt
I pulled a 4 LED Mini Work Light out of the bin at work that I thought I could use on my go cart. Unfortunately when power was applied it didn’t work so I thought I would pull it apart to see what was needed to repair it.
The kids got a portable microscope each for Christmas of different brands and prices $17-$41, advertised with 120-60X and 200-80X zoom levels. Some may have misrepresented their capabilities.
I went scavenging through a local machine shops bin and found a perfectly good airline. Except for the split in it.
My 60 tooth 530 reverse sprocket showing off some of its internals. Will fit straight onto a Barracuda, Sidewinder or any other motorcycle powered buggy in place of the rear main drive sprocket. 0.6 gear reduction ratio. Centre hub has enough room to fit a Quaif diff. Orders can be taken soon after some extensive testing.
Reverse sprocket gear showing internals
We managed to find someone silly enough to lend us their caravan for a weekend away, the only problem is that we need an electronic brake controller in our car. After figuring out that I wanted a Redarc Tow Pro I found one on Facebook market place for $150 instead of $330 for a new one.
I was gifted a da Vinci 1.0A 3D printer that did not print and was partially dismantled
I purchased 6x 9Ah 18V non-genuine Makita batteries to power the billycart I built. After their first charge and then use one of them would not charge past 1 bar on its gauge or 17.35V instead of 20.5V.
I wanted to make a new downhill billycart for Space Pilots camp that I didn’t have to push up the hill. Unfortunately that didn’t happen this year, but I did make an awesome attempt that will need to finished before next year.
It is powered by (or will have) 2x 2kW motors, 6x 9Ah 18V Makita cordless drill batteries.
I was drug tested at work today and the swab and testing unit looked interesting.